November 3, 2019

Who is Edventures with Coffee?



Hi everyone! I would like to start off by introducing myself. My name is Ronna Yoppini.

I am a credential teacher and have been teaching for 6 years now. After receiving my teaching credential, I substituted for a year and completed a long term substitute position for first grade. The following year I was hired as a fourth grade teacher. I taught 4th grade for 3 years. I was ready for a change and decided to teach Kindergarten and Pre K for 2 years. While teaching kindergarten, I took Early Childhood Development college courses and PD. Now I am currently teaching second grade. 

I completed my Bachelors of Arts in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Communication.  I continued my education and completed the credential program with an emphasis in ELD. When I was hired as a teacher I completed a 2 year program of BTSA for first year teachers through SCOE (Sacramento County Office of Education). While teaching at my current district I have spent many hours in PDs on writing, reading, math with Common Core Standards, student psychology, STEM, and many more. While I taught kindergarten, I completed 2 years of Early Childhood Development classes at a nearby community college. I believe that I need to continue learning because life never stops teaching.

As a teacher, I believe each child is unique and their learning experience should be unique. I teach with differentiated instruction to cater to each students' learning needs. I want each child to fully understand what is being taught so they can be successful. I love teaching and want to share it with others. 

I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience teaching different grade levels and completed many professional development courses. I feel that I can help other teachers gain knowledge by sharing my experience. Teachers who support other teachers is a beautiful community. This is why I decided to start blogging. I also have a TPT account, where you can purchase and download classroom and teaching material.  You can also follow me on Instagram  @edventureswithcoffee. 

I am so excited to begin this new chapter in my career and I hope you enjoy what I have to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment