April 25, 2020

Hair and Make-up Done For This Teacher During Quarantine Life and Distance Learning

My hair done, make up done, wearing my teacher clothes, all during virtual learning. But why you ask? Where's the messy bun, no makeup, no glasses, no sweatshirt and sweatpants? 

No, I didn't teach. I didn't do a read aloud video. I didn't even leave my house. Again, you ask, 'why is this teacher all dressed up?'

Okay... I did all this for 2 reasons. 
1. It is nice once in a while during times like this to get all dressed up. 🎶 "I feel pretty. Oh so pretty!" 🎶 (in my head 👩‍🎤😂)
And 2. (and most importantly) I had my evaluation meeting with my administrator through Zoom.
I told my principal that I put on make up and did my hair just for her. She replied, "I did the same for you!" 🤣🤣🤣 these are rough time but its important to laugh to keep yourself sane.

The meeting went great. But it was so different to do it through a video conference and not in an office, in person.   Even though we are quarantined, life must go on and certain things can still be done, like evaluations.



So what was covered in the evaluation? 

Considering it has been an odd year, going on Maternity Leave in September and not returning until February, then in March teaching at home with COVID-19 causing this quarantine lifestyle. My admin did not have a bunch of opportunities to do walk throughs. However, I was able to complete my formal observation in the 5 weeks of returning to my class and then leaving again. This includes my goal setting meeting, pre observation meeting, observation,  and post observation meeting. Which usually starts in October and is completed around March. So to say the least it was a little stressful. 
However, with only a little bit of time allowed, my admin was able to write a wonderful report. She talked highly of my knowledge of content, professionalism, development as an educator, and my relationship building with my students, families, and peers. I was happy the Zoom evaluation went well but also happy it is over. No matter how many years you've been teaching, evaluations can still be nerve racking. 

If you would like to know more specifics and what to expect from your Principal your first year teaching, check out my blog post Evaluation Year .

Let me know if you were evaluated as an educator during the Year of COVID-19 Virtual Teaching. 
Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment